Rabbi Steve Gutow, who helped found the Israel Action Network alongside JFNA, will step down at the end of the year from his role as president and CEO of the Jewish Council for Public Affairs. The executive vice chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations calls for a global security network modeled after the Secure Community Network.
- The Forward – Steve Gutow steps down at JCPA
- Jerusalem Post – Hoenlein: We need actions, not words to combat anti-Semitism
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Los Angeles, Boston, Atlantic and Cape May Counties, Buffalo and Southern Arizona.
- Jewish Journal – The Israeli-Americans: Who they are, what they want, where they’re headed, why they matter
- Jewish Community Voice – Federation installs Steven Scherzer as new president
- Buffalo News – Goldberg elected to lead Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo
- Arizona Jewish Post – Katz brings marathon runner’s energy to Federation as new senior vp